BAD WILDUNGEN - Martin Horn clinched the German three-cushion title in Bad Wildungen for the 13th time. In the final, Horn defeated his last opponent Cengiz Karaca 40-33 in 33 innings. The world number 11 played an average of 1.617 over the whole tournament, had a best game of 3.333 and a highest run of 11. It was the fifth German title in a row for Horn, who got his first in 1994.
In the semi-final against Tom Löwe, Horn needed to come back from 19-11 behind, but scored 21 in 4 innings in the second half for an ultimate win of 40-26 in 20. In the quarter-final against Lukas Stamm, Horn's opponent missed an easy shot at 37-36, after which Horn went out with 4.
Cengiz Karaca won in the semi-final against Andreas Niehaus 40-26 in 23.
The final ranking:
- Martin Horn, BC International, 1,617-11
- Cengiz Karaca, BC International, 1.323-13
- Andreas Niehaus, BG Coesfeld, 1.225-7
- Tom Löwe, Bfr Lobberich, 1,349-7
- Lukas Stamm, BA Berlin, 1,214-9
- Marcel Back, Erlangen 1,015-8
- Ronny Lindemann, BCC Witten 1,257-7.
- Thomas Kerl, CV Kassel